Anxiety and Student Perceptions of Fairness During Collaborative Testing
Date: Saturday, April 13th, 2019 Time: 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM
Speaker: Hudson Murrell Stephen Case
Collaborative testing (CT) involves learners, working in pairs or small groups, taking tests together. Learners have to negotiate and agree on the same answers. Collaborative testing claims to offer learners the chance to discuss their reasoning, fill in knowledge gaps, develop interpersonal skills and enhance understanding. This talk presents data from questionnaires on how the confidence level of students influences their perception of taking tests collaboratively. It also looks at whether or not students in general have favourable or unfavorable views towards taking tests with a partner. It provides insight into whether or not it is a feeling universal to all students, or whether or not there is a difference in perception towards CT depending on the students own confidence or anxiety towards testing, pair work and communication. It gives recommendations on how to test students with different personality types communicative ability, without increasing anxiety and creating an impression of unfairness.
Organization: Kitakyushu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kitakyushu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Ogura TM (Teramoto) Building (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kitakyushu JALT
Email QR Code: