Tokyo British Council:
7th British Council New Directions in English Language Assessment Conference (day 2 of 2)
Date: Monday, December 9th, 2019 Time: 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM
The 7th annual New Directions Conference will take place in Yokohama, Japan from 8 - 9 December 2019, under the theme Realising Potential: Policy, Engagement and Impact which focuses on the role assessment plays in developing national education systems.
New Directions is the only international conference in East Asia that brings together leaders from the worlds of academia, government and education to discuss developments, trends and the latest thinking in English language assessment in education systems.
In attending you will have the opportunity to connect, contribute and gain deeper insights from discussions with global experts and opinion leaders in language assessment. This will provide you with the unique opportunity for you to share and exchange your knowledge and ideas beyond the confines of national education systems.
The distinct experiences and expertise of delegates and speakers enrich the conversations we have at New Directions and will allow you to leave with new perspectives, insights and connections that will inform policy and work in the area of English language assessment.
Register here (Registration closes midnight on November 22nd: 12,000 JPY)
Registration includes access to all plenary, panel and breakout sessions, lunch and refreshments, and an invite to the networking dinner which will take place at the Yokohama Bay Hotel next to the conference venue.
On September 7th New Directions will also hold 3 pre-event workshops at the Yokohama National University campus. Registration for these workshops is available separately here until November 22nd.
More details about the whole program can be found on the program webpage.
Organization: The British Council Tokyo Centre (Tokyo British Council)
Cost: Registration closes midnight on November 22nd: 12,000 JPY
Venue: Pacifico Yokohama
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Tokyo British Council
Email QR Code: