Digital English Activities, Tools, and Assignments: Apps 4 EFL and EFL.Digital
Date: Sunday, May 26th, 2019 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Paul Raine
In this presentation, Paul Raine will introduce and demonstrate a wide selection of web-based digital English activities, tools and assignments. Apps 4 EFL (apps4efl.com) is a Web-Based Language Learning (WBLL) platform which has been developed by the presenter over the past five years, and features 24 web applications that provide opportunities for autonomous listening, reading, writing, and speaking practice. Student engagement with the platform can be easily monitored and tracked by teachers, and progress records can be easily downloaded and integrated into grading schemes. EFL.digital is a new web platform that features 10 different assignment types that can be customized by teachers, and cover all four skills. Assignments include the likes of LingoLab, which offers an innovative solution for vocabulary development, as well as text and video cloze creation tools for easy assessment of reading and listening skills. Invitations for beta testing will be provided to interested attendees.
Organization: Sendai Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Sendai JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen (500 yen for students)
Venue: Talk Net Hall Sendai (formerly Sendai Shimin Kaikan). 4-1 Sakuragaokakoen, Aoba Ward, Sendai), Meeting room #6 (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Sendai JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: