Teaching Young Learners: English for Elementary School Education
Date: Sunday, June 23rd, 2019 Time: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Speaker: Wakana Chihara (Kori Nevers Gakuin Elementary School), Julie Rhodes (Kawai Town Board of Education), Masayuki Takanao (Nara Prefectural Tomigaoka High School)
This event will provide participants with practical teaching ideas for Foreign Language Activities for 3rd and 4th graders, and English as an Official Subject for 5th and 6th graders, offically starting from 2020 academic year. With the speakers who are teaching English at elementary schools, we would like to discuss and better ways to teach English at elementary school education. We hope this event will help to gain a deeper insight into professional development for teachers teaching English in elementary schools.
Organization: Nara Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nara JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Nara Women's University, S Hall (Faculty of Letters), Room 312 (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nara JALT
Email QR Code: