Japan Intercultural Institute:
Half-day workshop--Engaging students with the Linguaculture Motivation Profiler
Date: Saturday, June 29th, 2019 Time: 1:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Joseph Shaules, Sumiko Miyafusa, Robinson Fritz, Gabriela Schmidt
This half-day workshop will introduce the Linguaculture Motivation Profiler (LMP). This validated 36-item online instrument creates a learning profile of students. It measures attitudes towards learning: resistance, engagement, and mixed states. Teachers can create student learning profiles as an in-class reflection tool, and to help class planning. The LMP is made available free of charge thanks to JSPS Grant-in-Aid research funding, and the support of JII. This is a chance to learn about new approaches to motivating students, and share ideas and best practices with other teachers. For sign up and more information see http://japanintercultural.org/learning-circle/
Organization: Japan Intercultural Institute
Cost: free of charge
Venue: Juntendo University, Ochanomizu Campus, Dai-2 Kyoiku-to, Rm see at the entrance
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Japan Intercultural Institute
Email QR Code: