Tech it from us!
Date: Sunday, June 9th, 2019 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Kayvon Havaei-Ahary and Jason Demsteader
Description: You don't need tech in the classroom. You've been motivating students for years. Chalk and talk, that's all you need. That is, until you are suddenly forced to work with a bunch of iPads. Now what? This familiar situation happened to the presenters and it could happen to you. So, come and future-proof yourself. Discover how choosing the right strategy can better prepare you for life with tech in the classroom. The presenters will share their experiences of getting started with Mobile Assisted Language Learning (MALL) and explain how they adopted an approach based on UX design.
Organization: Gunma Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Gunma JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Maebashi Institute of Technology
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Gunma JALT
Email QR Code: