The Japan Association for Self-Access Learning:
JASAL 2019 Annual Conference: New Beginnings
Date: Saturday, November 30th, 2019 Time: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Plenary speaker Luke Carson
The theme of JASAL 2019 is New Beginnings. This year marks the beginning of a new era in Japan, the Reiwa period ("beautiful harmony", according to the Japanese Foreign Ministry). In self-access language learning, there are new beginnings for learners every year, as freshers begin their university lives. There are also new beginnings for faculty, learning advisors, and staff as they receive training or orientation, take on new roles, and form new teams. Self-Access Centers (SACs) and Language Learning Spaces (LSS) may be newly opened or redesigned. New projects may be begun, new technologies introduced, or new approaches attempted. We hope that this theme encourages participants to reflect on the ways that new beginnings are approached, managed, cultivated, and supported in their diverse work environments.
Organization: The Japan Association for Self-Access Learning
Cost: see the conference page
Venue: Otemon Gakuin University, New Campus (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact The Japan Association for Self-Access Learning
Email QR Code: