Tokyo JALT State of the Chapter 2019: Labor and Jobs in Japan
Date: Friday, July 5th, 2019 Time: 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: Yumiko Nakajima (Executive President of National Union of General Workers, Tokyo Nambu), Chie Matsumoto (Journalist /activist; president of Newspaper and wire service workers' union), Suwako Uehara, Michele Joel
At this year s State of the Chapter we are looking at labor and jobs and Tokyo is proud to bring you experts on both. They will discuss how to protect yourself and how to get jobs, so come out for that and to enjoy the free refreshments provided by our sponsor Englishbooks.jp!
This event will feature announcements from the Tokyo Chapter, two 5 to 10 minute presentations from the jobs experts and the labor experts, time to mingle and enjoy the food, and two thirty-minute Q&A periods with the experts. We believe this will be useful and enlightening.
Finally, the Tokyo Chapter Chairs will be available for any questions or concerns you may have about us, so come talk to us. We would like to thank the College and University Educators (CUE) SIG for their support in making this happen. Thanks, CUE! We would also like to thank Englishbooks.jp for the lovely refreshments. We could not have done this without you.
Organization: Tokyo Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Tokyo JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Rikkyo University Ikebukuro Campus Bldg 14 and Room D401
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Tokyo JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: