Nick Ellis: Understanding Language and Learning: Theoretical, Methodological, and Cultural Developments in Applied Linguistics
Date: Friday, July 19th, 2019 Time: 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: Nick Ellis (University of Michigan)
The Tokyo, West Tokyo, and Yokohama Chapters of the Japan Association for Language Teaching as well as the Teacher Development (TD) SIG are excited to welcome you to this presentation by Dr. Nick Ellis.
Abstract: I reflect on the concepts of 'learning', 'language', and 'cognition' and how they have changed over the history of Applied Linguistics, on our ever-expanding deployment of sophisticated methodologies, and on the fast-changing landscape of sharing, appraising, and publishing our science. I consider the implications for the nature of our field and our research practices, for publishing and the changing nature of knowledge dissemination, for the valuing of knowledge and scholarship, and for graduate training and mentoring.
Organization: Tokyo Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Tokyo JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Rikkyo University Ikebukuro Campus Building 1, Rm 1104
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Tokyo JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: