ETJ East Tokyo:
ETJ East Tokyo September Workshop
Date: Sunday, September 29th, 2019 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Toshio Jo
Bio for Toshio Jo: A journalist. A reporter for The Japan Times (1980-1991). A reporter and editor for the International News Section at The Asahi Shimbun since 1991. Covered a wide range of areas such as business, politics and diplomatic affairs.
U.S. President Donald Trump has an idiosyncratic way of speaking English. It is said that his speech baffles even native English speakers. Translators around the world are struggling to interpret Trump's unique speaking style. In this workshop, his English will be analyzed from different perspectives -- his logic, his favorite phrases and words, his tendency to contradict himself and his syntax, spelling and punctuation. Many specific examples from his news conferences and speeches will be shown.
Pre-registration recommended Please contact Yuco Kikuchi at for pre-registration.
Organization: ETJ East Tokyo (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ East Tokyo)
Cost: ETJ Members: 500 yen
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Seminar Room, 5F Kameido Camellia Plaza (2 min from Kameido Sta., Sobu Line or Tobu Kameido Line) 2-19-1 Kameido, Koto-ku Tokyo 136-0071
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ East Tokyo
Email QR Code:
Mobile phone: 070-6400-6464