Temple University Japan:
TUJ Distinguished Lecturer Series: Corpus Use in Education and Research
Date: Saturday, September 21st, 2019 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Atsushi Mizumoto (Kansai University, Japan)
The development of corpus linguistics has had a tremendous influence on the field of applied linguistics. The aim of this seminar is to introduce the participants to a number of topics related to corpus use for educational and research purposes such as data-driven learning (DDL). As the seminar will cover corpus-based approaches from both theoretical and practical perspectives, the lecturer will talk about usage-based theory as an underlying principle and using a variety of tools and online resources such as AntConc, Just the Word, Hyper Collocation, WORD AND PHRASE, and AWSuM for teaching in the classroom and writing research papers for publication. In addition, the lecturer will discuss how to incorporate strategy instruction in second language (L2) writing courses because using those resources will be an important learning strategy for L2 writers. Participants who will stay after the opening session are expected to bring their own laptop computer for hands-on sessions.
Organization: Temple University Japan
Venue: Osaka Ekimae Bldg. 3, 21st Floor, 1-1-3-2100 Umeda, Kita-ku, Osaka 530-0001 (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Temple University Japan
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 03-5441-9800