2020 JALT Hokkaido Winter Language Teaching Conference (day 2 of 2)
Date: Sunday, February 2nd, 2020 Time: 9:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Speakers from JALT Hokkaido Chapter, JALT Brain SIG, Critical Thinking SIG, and PIE (Performance in Education) SIGs
This winter, JALT Hokkaido is hosting a language teaching conference in collaboration with JALT Brain, Critical Thinking and PIE (Performance in Education) SIGs. We welcome abstract submissions from teachers and researchers keen to share how creativity is re-shaping their teaching practice in any learning environment. Submissions can be for: 50 minute/30 minute oral presentations (which includes 10 minutes for question and answer time), or poster presentations.
The event will begin with registration starting Saturday, February 1st at 9:30am. There will be a full line-up of presentations, student showcase, a symposium with leaders in education, and publisher displays on both Saturday, February 1st and Sunday the 2nd from 9:30 am to 4:00 pm at Hokusei Gakuen University in Sapporo. There will also be a networking event on the Saturday evening.
Submissions will be accepted for 50-minute presentations, 30-minute presentations, and poster presentations. Presentation abstracts will be accepted until 5 pm on October 17th, 2019. Acceptance notification will be announced by midnight, November 7, 2019. All times and dates are based on Japan Standard Time (JST). To pre-register or to submit an abstract: forms.gle/8oRmeK7BaZuYWBQ2A.
Organization: Hokkaido Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Hokkaido JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: Both days: 3000 yen at the door (2000 yen if pre-registered). One day 2000 yen (1000 yen if pre-regi
Venue: Hokusei Gakuen University, C-kan, 6-7F 2 Chome-3-1 Oyachinishi, Atsubetsu Ward, Sapporo
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Hokkaido JALT
Email QR Code:
This event is co-sponsored by:
- Critical Thinking Special Interest Group, Japan Association for Language Teaching
- Mind, Brain, and Education Special Interest Group of the Japan Association for Language Teaching
- Performance in Education Special Interest Group (formerly known as the Speech, Drama and Debate SIG), Japan Association for Language Teaching