Yoga in ESL classes and Mini Presentations
Date: Sunday, November 10th, 2019 Time: 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Brooke Lathram-Abe
ETJ Tokyo is holding its 5th meeting of the year and are excited to announce a new presenter for our November 10th meeting. Are you looking of a new way to connect with students? Did you know that we "learn" with our bodies, which includes but is much more than what we think of as the "brain"? Come join Brooke Abe's one-of-kind presentation to learn and experience how you can connect with students though movement. This presentation will focus on using embodied techniques including meditation and yoga in ESL classes for both adults and children. You will experience how feeling grounded in breath and body enhances the learning environment. Please wear comfortable clothes, as the presentation will include some gentle movement.
Brooke Lathram-Abe, is a yoga & ESL teacher (M.A. Asian Studies, RYT-500) and freelance translator. She is planning on opening her own home studio and school spring 2020 in the Makuhari area of Chiba.
The second part of the meeting will be a chance for attendees to do mini presentations. Do you have a game or activity that you've found to be successful? Come with an idea to share and go home with many more! Please RSVP!
Organization: ETJ Tokyo (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ Tokyo)
Cost: ETJ Members: 500 yen
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Nellies Bookstore at Iidabashi, 3F
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ Tokyo
Email QR Code: