Session A: Enhancing Student Voice With and Without Technology Session B: Bring the World to Your Classroom with Google Expeditions VR/AR,
Date: Sunday, November 17th, 2019 Time: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Speaker: Nate Gildart
Session A: Moving more towards student-centered learning gives our students more opportunity to develop skills such as critical thinking and self-reflection. In this session, we will engage in classroom activities from the perspective of our students. With or without technology, these activities are sure to be educational for all of us.
Session B: Our second session will feature Expeditions, a Google tool that uses both virtual reality and augmented reality. Using this, students and teachers can learn about historical places and people. Nate will present the tools and show us how to introduce them into our classrooms.
Organization: ETJ Aichi (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ Aichi)
Cost: ETJ Members: 500 yen
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: International Center
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ Aichi
Email QR Code: