(1) Some current issues in second/foreign language; (2) Story Listening (SL) and Guided Self-Selected Reading Workshop (GSSR)
Date: Sunday, December 8th, 2019 Time: 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: (1) Stephen Krashen (University of Southern California, professor emeritus); (2) Beniko Mason (Shitennoji University)
Dr. Krashen will talk about some current issues in second/foreign language: is there a gift or special talent in language acquisition? Is immersion best? Should we force to speak more? What about writing? And what about accent? Dr. Mason will lead a workshop on Story Listening and Guided Self-Selected Reading based on Dr. Krashen's theories of language acquisition. Please RSVP by November 30.
Organization: Kobe Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kobe JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen (500 yen for students)
Venue: Konan University, Nishinomiya Campus, The CUBE map
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kobe JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: