Labour Rights Education for Education Workers
Date: Saturday, June 6th, 2020 Time: 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: Chris Flynn
For Fukuoka JALT's May meeting, Chris Flynn, president of the Fukuoka General Union, will lead us through a discussion of Japanese Labour Rights, looking in particular at the Labour Standards Law, and Unlimited Term Contracts. There will also be time for questions. It is hoped that this adds to teachers' understanding of how different labour laws apply and what can be done to make sure your rights are protected.
Chris Flynn has an MA in Advanced Japanese Studies and is a professor at Kyushu Institute of Information Sciences. He is also a NAATI Accredited Professional Translator and Interpreter (Japanese/English). In his union role, he has assisted a number of teachers with legal issues such as unfair dismissals and problems with working conditions. In his free time, he plays rugby for the Meiwaku Rugby Club 60 and over division.
Zoom information: The Zoom link will be posted on the Fukuoka JALT website on Friday, June 5, in the afternoon.
This event was originally scheduled for March, but had been cancelled due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. We thank Chris Flynn for agreeing to do this presentation for us via Zoom.
Organization: Fukuoka Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Fukuoka JALT)
Venue: Online: The Zoom link will be posted on the Fukuoka JALT website the day before
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Fukuoka JALT
Email QR Code: