Literature in Language Teaching SIG of JALT:
CANCELLED: Creative Writing in Language Teaching Contexts
Date: Sunday, April 19th, 2020 Time: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Speaker: Suzanne Kamata, Iain Maloney, Cristina Tat, Luke Draper
NOTICE: THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO COVID-19
The LiLT SIG website says, "We hope to reschedule the event for another time, at a date TBA."
The Literature in Language Teaching (LiLT) SIG, in collaboration with Kyoto JALT, is hosting a full day of presentations on the theme of "Creative Writing in Language Teaching Contexts." We welcome all those who are interested in teaching or learning more about creative writing, especially fiction. The sessions will be interactive and include practical suggestions for classroom activities. Four speakers will share their expertise on creative writing:
- Creative Writing in the EFL Classroom by Suzanne Kamata
- A Bit of a Character: Building Voice in Fiction with L2 students by Iain Maloney
- Reading to Write, Writing to Read by Cristina Tat
- How can Literary Linguistics Facilitate Discussion in the Creative Writing Workshop? by Luke Draper
Registration will begin at 9:30 a.m. and the event will begin from 10:00 a.m.
Organization: Literature in Language Teaching Special Interest Group, Japan Association for Language Teaching (Literature in Language Teaching SIG of JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Venue TBA. In Kyoto City
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Literature in Language Teaching SIG of JALT
Email QR Code:
This event is co-sponsored by: