CANCELLED: EdTech - Where we are now, Where we are going (Publisher Sponsored Event)
Date: Sunday, March 15th, 2020 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Alastair Lamond (MangoSTEEMS)
This event has been canceled.
Accepting that Educational Technology is 'not restricted to high technology but is anything that enhances classroom learning in the utilization of blended, face to face, or online learning', this workshop will explore where Japan currently is regarding the use of edtech in the education system, covering the following areas: current trends, infrastructure, applications available and those in use in schools and by individuals, 21st century skills and their future influence in Japan through Society 5.0, Learning Management Systems - their benefits and weaknesses, CEFR and its future role. The workshop will include a walk-through of an online platform to illustrate how edtech can support teachers with input to maximize output through heightened motivation. The session will finish with an open discussion to clarify understanding, sharing thoughts and opinions during this time.
Starting as a teacher of Russian in England in 1983, Alastair moved to Tokyo and taught English to all ages in private language schools from 1988 to 1995. During this time, he was also an examiner for the United Nations Test of English. He worked in publishing from 1995 to 2009, first for International Thomson Publishing, then Longman/Kirihara, and Macmillan. After finishing his MBA, he joined englishbooks.jp, a start-up distribution company, before moving to Cambridge Assessment for a brief stint in 2018/19. He joined mangoSTEEMS in July 2019, which focuses on digital learning to prepare students for working and thriving in the fast-paced, ever-changing 21st century and professional development for teachers to give them the tools and confidence to effectively use edtech with their students.
Organization: Saitama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Saitama JALT)
Venue: Sakuragi Kouminkan, 1 Chome-10-18 Sakuragicho, Omiya Ward, Saitama, 330-0854 (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Saitama JALT
Email QR Code: