Online Teaching Japan:
Organize Yourself and Communicate with Students Google Drive
Date: Sunday, April 26th, 2020 Time: 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Speaker: Nathan Curtis Gildart
In this Zoom session, we will look at a wide range of productivity features of Google Drive, and highlight those that you may not know about. We'll go slowly so you can follow along in your own browser, allowing time to play. These include:
- An Overview of Google Drive
- Navigation in the main window / left-side navigation
- Creating and uploading folders and files
- Working with files
- Search for files easily
- Connecting to Google Calendar, Google Keep, and Tasks
- Shared Drive
- Make a single file present in several folders
- Share a Google Doc as PDF using a link
Please see the event listing on Facebook to get the Zoom meeting link.
Organization: Online Teaching Japan
Venue: Online Zoom event
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.