The Japan Association for Self-Access Learning:
JASAL2020: Learner Support in Self-Access Language Learning
Date: Saturday, December 5th, 2020 Time: Time TBA
Speaker: Satoko Kato (Kanda University of International Studies), Hisako Yamashita (Konan Womens University). Call for papers has been extended to Sept. 14th
This year more than ever, students need support to be successful language learners and users. Similarly, support is also required for teachers, learning advisors and administrators who want to design and deliver effective programmes. Self-access learning has always focused on helping students to take charge of their own learning, but with the sudden growth of online course provision, or emergency remote teaching, a mode of learning not usually actively chosen by students or educators, this support is more important than ever. JASAL2020 would like to focus on how we can support our learners, both in "normal" times and during the pandemic.
Organization: The Japan Association for Self-Access Learning
Cost: 1,500 yen for presenters, Free for participants (donations accepted, to go towards 2021 grants)
Venue: Online (Zoom)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact The Japan Association for Self-Access Learning
Email QR Code: