Coming Together to Share Ideas About and Experiences of Harassment: A one-day workshop to enlighten and empower each other
Date: Saturday, December 5th, 2020 Time: 12:30 PM - 4:45 PM
Speaker: Fiona Creaser (University of Kitakyushu), Brian Cullen (Nagoya Institute of Technology), Yoshi Grote (Kyoto Sangyo University), Gwyn Helverson (Osaka University), Robert O'Mochain (Ritsumeikan University), Sarah Mulvey
Kyoto JALT and GALE proudly present this one-day online workshop aims to bring the JALT community together to share experiences and solutions for how to deal with harassment in their workplace and daily lives. The workshop will be divided into three parts. Keynote speaker, Fiona Creaser, will begin the event with a talk about types of harassment: sexual harassment, academic harassment, power harassment, and mobbing. This will be followed by workshops led by Yoshi Grote (Non-binary Breakout Room), Gwyn Helverson (Women's Breakout Room), and Robert O'Mochain (Men's Breakout Room). Attendees will have the opportunity to self-select the room they feel most comfortable in. In the final session, all attendees will rejoin the main Zoom room to share ideas about harassment awareness. In addition to the main program, there will be two counsellors available on the day for those who pre-book for a 45-minute session: Sarah Mulvey and Brian Cullen. The counsellors hope to provide participants with a tool or technique to help tackle a particular issue.
Schedule Saturday, December 5
12:30 Opening in Main Zoom Room
12:32 Fiona Creaser
1:45 Workshops (Separate Zoom Rooms)
3:00 Discussion in Main Zoom Room
Organization: Kyoto Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kyoto JALT)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kyoto JALT
Email QR Code:
This event is co-sponsored by: