Designing a Primary EFL Curriculum: An Interactive Workshop (Joint Event with ETJ)
Date: Saturday, November 28th, 2020 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Mark Christianson
MEXT has released guidelines and textbooks, but the primary EFL learning experience for each Japanese child will ultimately be up to each school and each instructor to design and implement. The aim of this session will be for the presenter and participants to discuss how we may best help young learners in a school setting develop basics for 1) spoken communication and 2) literacy. In terms of speaking, the presenter will share his experience with helping young Japanese learners to develop their confidence and motivation through a combination of games, skits, and projects. For literacy, a step-by-step approach used to bridge students from word-level phonics to sentence writing and an experimental program of independent extensive reading in Oxford Reading Club will be introduced.
The 2-hour session will be interactive, with opportunities for participants to share ideas. Due to the interactive nature of the session, only video-on participants will be allowed. The language of presentation will be English, but participation in Japanese or limited English is welcome, with the presenter other participants providing interpreting as needed.
Organization: Okayama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Okayama JALT)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Okayama JALT
Email QR Code: