Performance in Education SIG of JALT:
2nd Performance in Education: Research and Practice Conference / Student Showcase, Film Festival, and Performances
Date: Saturday, February 20th, 2021 Time: 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: Plenary Speakers: Rod Ellis and Dawn Kobayashi; call for papers due January 31st
This online conference looks at practice of and research into Performance in Education (PIE). The purpose of the conference is to widen the research base for supporting the use of performance in all aspects of education (teaching, consolidating teaching, and testing/evaluation) across the curriculum (medicine, law, history, etc.) and is not limited to English language education. For details, please see the conference webpage. Highlights of the conference:
- Plenary Speakers - Dr. Rod Ellis and Dawn Kobayashi
- Research and Practice Presentations
- Students Showcase
- Student Film Festival
Call for papers: tinyurl.com/PIESIGFebCon.
Organization: Performance in Education Special Interest Group (formerly known as the Speech, Drama and Debate SIG), Japan Association for Language Teaching (Performance in Education SIG of JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: Presenters: 2,000 yen; Participant: 1,000 yen, PIE SIG Member: free
Non-members: 3,000 yen, Full-time students: Free
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Performance in Education SIG of JALT
Email QR Code: