JALT Zoom for Professional Development:
JALT Zoom for Professional Development (ZPD)
Date: Sunday, July 25th, 2021 Time: 8:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: JALT Director of Program Wayne Malcolm, and Natasha Hashimoto of the JALT Research Grants Committee, and several discussion rooms
Meet & Greet with Director of Program Wayne Malcolm, who will give us an overview of the planning so far for the JALT2021 Conference. Members of the PCPC (Pre-Conference Planning Committee) will also be on hand to talk about what their committee does. If you are interested in getting more involved in JALT's largest event, this is a great opportunity to explore ways to volunteer. JALT2021 will be held online November 12-15.
Also, Meet & Greet with Natasha Hashimoto of the JALT Research Grants Committee (JRGC). We will have a breakout room with JRGC members and past grant winners to speak with potential applicants and whoever is interested. Details about JALT Research Grants are available at https://jalt.org/researchgrants.
Please note that this event is on a Tuesday this month, August 31st.
If you haven't heard of this event before, the JALT ZPD is basically an online discussion. We use Zoom, so we can create smaller online rooms for many topics, and the participants can choose which topic they want to participate in. Our regular topics include new membership orientation, getting published, discussing research, online teaching, and more. JALT officers can ask questions related to the new JALT website as well as position-specific questions. Come see for yourself!
Join us for networking, informal chat, and in building a community of practice with JALT members and prospective members.
This event is free and open to all. Pre-register to get the Zoom information.
Organization: JALT Zoom for Professional Development
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact JALT Zoom for Professional Development