ETJ East Tokyo:
ETJ East Tokyo September Online Workshop
Date: Sunday, September 26th, 2021 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: (1) Nicky Sekino; (2) Yuco Kikuichi; (3) Namiko Tsuruta
Speaker 1: Nicky Sekino
Title: Melt the ice of English Learners who do not want to study.
Outline: I find it painful to see students in my class who are not interested in English study. They show no emotions on their faces. It is like the English study is torture to them. How to make them study is close to a miracle. I have taught English for 40 years and am not sure how to reverse the situation. So far, I have not found a way to melt the ice of the closed mind. However, there is a light. A psychological theorem called Receptive / Expressive Language Disorder shows why children do not learn or speak English well. I want to apply it to see if I can melt the ice of adult learners of English.
Speaker 2: Yuco Kikuchi
Title: Teacher's Bag of Tricks 2: Teaching Prepositions for Halloween Season Outline
In this short practical presentation, Yuco will share activities for teaching prepositions. Learning preposition will be fun and simple through various activities, especially if the activities are related to seasonal characters of Halloween. TPR, drawing and action game will be shown.
Speaker 3: Namiko Tsuruta
Title: Tech 101 for Beginners
Abstract: Attending a videoconference and running one yourself are different experiences. Do you know what interactive features your participants can try? Are you reluctant to try or simply don't know which tech tools are best for your learners? Please join us for a relaxing, fun and interactive session. It's learner engagement, above all else, that tech tools must support. Due to time, we will focus mainly on videoconferencing features, screen sharing and how to use one or two tech tools for all age groups.
Please join us on your PC with the newest version of Zoom (if at all possible). to pre-register; docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfLZCq05zoipbBRrY7QqU88yalUxBZm89XO5cozzeTFsCvGuQ.
Organization: ETJ East Tokyo (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ East Tokyo)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ East Tokyo
Email QR Code:
Mobile phone: 070-6400-6464