Recognizing and Changing the Undermined Reality of NNESTs
Date: Saturday, September 25th, 2021 Time: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: Jackson Koon Yat Lee, May Kyaw Oo
Due to a historical lack of supportive discussions and safe platforms for non-native English speaker teachers to share their negative experiences, the reality of NNEST in the field of ELT is still overlooked by many in the industry. Utilizing this opportunity, the two presenters will share stories related to teaching English in and outside of Japan and how the identity of NNEST invited unwarranted hardship, both intentional and unintentional. The event will conclude with a workshop to facilitate discussion on how all teachers can help support equity for NNESTs at their respective workplaces.
Organization: Gifu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Gifu JALT)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Gifu JALT
Email QR Code: