Date: Saturday, September 25th, 2021 Time: 9:30 AM - 11:00 AM
Speaker: Namiko Tsuruta (Global Language Institute)
What kind of learning environment do we want for our learners? How should we connect foreign language teaching with autonomy and social responsibility? How do we balance what we "have to" complete in our lesson plan with what learners really want to engage in? Can we effectively use L2 (or L1) to address our learners' needs?
The presenter hopes to debunk some myths about class management and strongly encourages participants to share their own classroom experiences. This session is for teachers who are seeking advice and strategies to engage and empower their foreign language learners.
Namiko Tsuruta has taught English for 23 years in Kanto and trained Japanese teachers and ALTs in schools all over Japan for about 18 years. Her teaching experiences include learners from ages 1.5 to 90, and formal and informal learning contexts. She is a graduate of Choate Rosemary Hall and the University of Michigan. She is currently Program Director of Global Language Institute and Creative Director of The Tokyo Life. Her interests include early childhood development, developmental psychology, learner autonomy, and identity.
Organization: Nagano Chapter (formerly the Shinshu Chapter) of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nagano JALT)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagano JALT
Email QR Code: