Creative Writing in Language Teaching Contexts
Date: Sunday, October 24th, 2021 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Mary Hillis (Ritsumeikan University, Kyoto), Luke Draper (Kwansei Gakuin University), Jared Michael Kubokawa (Aichi University), Tara McIlroy (Rikkyo University)
Join the LiLT SIG and Shizuoka JALT for an afternoon of informative short talks and interactive discussions about using creative writing in language learning contexts. From various perspectives and using a range of approaches. Each speaker will introduce research or practical creative writing applications for 20 minutes followed by discussion for 10 minutes. In the last part of the afternoon, all presenters will talk together and session participants will be welcome to join the conversation about creative writing in language learning settings. We welcome teachers working with learners at all levels.
Organization: Shizuoka Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Shizuoka JALT)
Venue: Online, via Zoom. Link will be provided at shizujalt.org/?p=535 fifteen minutes before the event.
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Shizuoka JALT
Email QR Code: