Teaching Global Englishes
Date: Saturday, January 22nd, 2022 Time: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Gregory Paul Glasgow (Kanda University of International Studies), Kelly Cargos (Tokyo Kasei University), Mahboubeh Rakhshandehroo (Kwansei Gakuin University), Mayu Konakahara (Kanda University of International Studies)
Schedule (in JST)
- 10:00 - 11:00 Gregory Paul Glasgow, "Global Englishes, Unequal Englishes, and Language Teaching in a 'Multicultural' Japan: Paradoxes and Possibilities"
- 11:30 - 12:30 Kelly Cargos, "Global Englishes Language Teaching: Real-world applications"
- 13:30 - 14:30 Mahboubeh Rakhshadehroo, "Revisiting Native-Speakerism: Internationalization Initiatives in Practic"
- 15:00 - 16:00 Mayu Konakahara, "Tackling a Monolingual View of English among Japanese University Students through ELF-Informed Instruction: What, How, and Afterward"
For further information about the presentation abstracts and bios, please visit our Kyoto JALT website (https://kyotojalt.org/?p=60).
Organization: Kyoto Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kyoto JALT)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kyoto JALT
Email QR Code: