How to write a better abstract for JALT2022
Date: Saturday, January 15th, 2022 Time: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: Various speakers
Conference presentation proposals for JALT2022 are due February 13th. Here's your chance to learn from seasoned veterans how you can improve your submission. We'll start with analysis of actual submissions and the submission rules, and how to choose the best format for your topic. We'll go over the main "gotchas" that will sink your application immediately, and talk about best practice when it comes to writing. We'll also split up into breakout rooms to do some tasks, such as peer review of your abstracts and brainstorming sessions.
Feel free to bring:
- a new submission you're working on
- a submission that was rejected in a previous year
- your PanSIG 2022 submission, if you hope to revise it for JALT2022
Participants will leave with a better understanding about the vetting process as well as what they can do to increase their chances of getting accepted at an annual JALT International Conference.
The Zoom details will be available on fukuokajalt.org on the day of the event. We will start the Zoom an hour early (5 PM) for an hour of informal discussion and networking.
Organization: Fukuoka Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Fukuoka JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: 500 yen
Venue: Online: The Zoom link will be posted on the Fukuoka JALT website the day before
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Fukuoka JALT
Email QR Code: