Language and Cognitive Science
Date: Sunday, February 18th, 2001 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Dean Williams
Psychological, symbolic-mathermatical, or social theories of language are insufficient because they do not adequately address the indisputably biological nature of our species' linguistic ability. This presentation will attempt to draw together the strands of evolution, brain science, and linguistics to portray at least roughly how nature may have formed language in the human model.
Organization: Osaka Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Osaka JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Abeno YMCA (near Tennoji Station)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Osaka JALT
Email QR Code: