Vocabulary SIG of JALT:
2023 Vocabulary Symposium
Date: Saturday, October 7th, 2023 Time: Time TBA
Speaker: Call for Poster Session Presentations open until July 17
The Vocabulary SIG is excited to announce its 2023 symposium which features Joseph P. Vitta (Kyushu University) and Anna Siyanova-Chanturia (Victoria University of Wellington) as discussants with invite speakers presenting on a wide range of topics spanning from classroom vocabulary learning to formulaic expressions. We're also delighted that Daniel Isbell (University of Hawaii), Laura Vilkaite-Lozdiene (Vilnius University), and Ryo Maie (The University of Tokyo), amongst others, will be presenting their work as well.
As a component of the event, there will be a 90 minute poster session in the middle of the day. To that end, we would like to invite poster session proposals:
- Proposal should feature L2 vocabulary learning and/or instruction.
- Proposals can involve completed research or works in progress.
- Proposals can straddle the practitioner-research divide in presenting reflections, evidence-supported teacher tips, and/or action research.
How to apply? Please complete this Google form by July 17, 2023. Acceptance notifications will be sent out by mid-August.
Conference fee includes a light breakfast, coffee and soft drinks, and lunch. Poster titles and author names will be published in the SIG's academic journal with the invited papers of the symposium.
Organization: Vocabulary Special Interest Group, Japan Association for Language Teaching (Vocabulary SIG of JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: 2,000 yen
Non-members: 3,000 yen; Students (HS, Undergraduate, Graduate): 1,000 yen
Venue: Osaka Jogakuin University
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Vocabulary SIG of JALT
Email QR Code: