Classroom Rubrics: How to Increase Authentic Student-Student Communication in the Classroom
Date: Wednesday, February 14th, 2001 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Dave Hough
This workshop looks at rubrics (also known as metalanguage or simply "classroom language") as a place where teachers can increase the amount of time spent on authentic communication in the classroom. They can do this while continuing to use their current textbook. The presenter will show various video clips which demonstrate how he does this with university science majors whose interest and proficiency are generally low.
Organization: Yokohama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Yokohama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Gino Bunka Kaikan, 6th floor (a 3-minute walk from JR Kannai Station)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Yokohama JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: