International Business Communicators:
Starting your own business in Japan
Date: Friday, October 4th, 2002 Time: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: Mark MacIntyre, Mark's Cards
Mark MacIntyre will give an overview of the requirements of getting a business off the ground in Japan. MacIntyre is the creator and publisher of Mark's Cards, a useful business vocabulary tool for any level Business English students. The presentation will be an experience-based discussion of the bureaucratic realities of starting a business in Japan. Participants are encouraged to share their own ideas and experiences. Items will include:
- The various types of businesses in Japan and the features of each;
- The requirements for changing visa status, if necessary; and,
- The tax implications of owning your own business in Japan.
Organization: International Business Communicators
Cost: 1000 yen for food and drinks
Venue: Oxford University Press Showroom, Edomizaka Mori Bldg. 1F, 4-1-40 Toranomon, Minato-ku, Tokyo
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact International Business Communicators
Email QR Code: