Peace as a Global Language Conference
Conference Dates: September 28th - 29th, 2002
Location: Daito Bunka Kaikan, Daito Bunka University, Tokyo
See the 2003 PGL web site for details on the next PGL conference!
Peace as a Global Language Conference Proceedings and Supplement
Conference attendees are invited to share their ideas regarding any of the themes raised during the PEACE AS A GLOBAL LANGUAGE Conference in Tokyo, September 28-29, 2002. We invite original, unpublished writings from presenters and attendees in these categories:
A. Descriptive, detailed accounts of presentations and workshops which you led or attended (up to 2500 words),
B. Summaries of research on conference-related themes (up to 2500 words),
C. Classroom applications (lesson plans, teaching approaches, pedagogical techniques and materials) reports which should be written to allow readers to duplicate an approach or lesson (up to 2000 words),
D. Non-traditional materials (poems, art, short films, sound clips) related to the conference themes (up to 4MB per person).
General Submission Information
1. The deadline for submissions is October 29th, 2002.
2. English language submissions should be emailed to T Newfields (email@example.com).
Japanese language submissions should be emailed to Keiko Kikuchi (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Kazuya Asakawa (email@example.com).
3. Articles should be in plain text format. Illustrations, graphs, tables and photographs should be sent as images in either .GIF or .JPEG form.
4. All references should follow APA style.
5. The proceedings are scheduled to come out in early spring 2003 in CD-ROM format. All articles will appear in .PDF format. If you are interested in ordering a copy of the CD-ROM, please contact T Newfields (firstname.lastname@example.org).
6. The total price of each Conference Proceedings CD-ROM shall be 1,000 yen and this will include shipping costs. To encourage wide distribution, the CD-ROM will not be encrypted or password-protected. If you wish to make additional copies of the CD, feel free to do so.