West Tokyo JALT:
On-line Drills for Learning and Teaching
Date: Saturday, May 31st, 2003 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Etsuo Kobayashi
This is a workshop where participants will learn how to make on-line drills on the Internet and how to use them in their classes. A newly developed on-line system called WebASC (Web-based Automatic Shiken Creator) by Kobayashi's research team at Rikkyo University and Mie University will be used to create Web tests and drills. You will be able to use them in your own classes even after the workshop. No knowledge of programming is necessary to create Web exercises in the system.
Organization: West Tokyo Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (West Tokyo JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Rikkyo University, Niiza Campus, Computer Room N346 (building 3, 4th floor)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact West Tokyo JALT
Email QR Code: