Using Movie Scripts, Lyrics, and Pictures from the Internet
Date: Sunday, May 18th, 2003 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Rich Porter, Mie University
The presenter will demonstrate how to access and use movie scripts in the classroom. Attendees will receive a list of websites that will allow them to see the wide array of movies represented. Then after a live connection to a script, they will see how to quickly match it to a movie scene. The presenter will illustrate its usefulness for a cloze exercise. He will demonstrate a similar application for song lyrics. In addition, he will illustrate how to spruce up handouts with pictures, most of which are available for free. The presentation is designed for users with minimal computer experience.
Organization: Saitama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Saitama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Omiya JACK, 5F, conference room 1 (near Omiya Station, west exit)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Saitama JALT
Email QR Code: