NPO Teaching English Methods Institute:
Little America and Oxford English Education Event: Games and Events for English Young Learners
Date: Saturday, May 17th, 2003 Time: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Helene Uchida, Charles Vilina
Oxford University Press and Little America are happy to announce that they will be joining forces to make a special presentation in both Nagasaki and Hiroshima for teachers of English to children. Oxford's Charles Vilina and Julian Warden (Nagasaki) and Stephen Crabbe (Hiroshima) will present lots of ideas, activities and books for preschoolers. Little America's Helene Uchida will demonstrate games and materials for all levels of elementary school students to help make English come alive.
- title: The Joy of Teching English in a Child's World, Charles Vilina
The world of children is one of vivid imagination, pure creativity, and boundless energy. As teachers of English, we have an open invitation to enter that world with the gift of a new language. With practical tools such as thematic lessons, patterned chants and playful songs, as well as activities that encourage cooperation, we can offer our students a joyful and memorable experience every time they enter our classrooms.
- title: Games that Make English Come Alive, Helene J. Uchida
Veteran English teacher and teacher-trainer, Helene J. Uchida, will share with you methods to make English come alive through games and materials which captivate young children and lead them on the road to thinking and interacting in English.
- title: Don't Judge a Book by Its Cover, Julian Warden in Nagasaki and Stephen Crabbe in Hiroshima
Join us in this presentation where we explore the world of graded readers, storybooks, and storytelling. This hands-on workshop will look at "before, " "while, " and "after " activities that create an interactive and communicative class. Participants will leave with practical ideas and activities that can be immediately used in class the next day!
Organization: NPO Teaching English Methods Institute
Venue: NVC Social Building, Media Room Three, 3rd Floor, 1-35, Uwa-machi, Nagasaki (7 minutes from JR Nagasaki St. or in front of the Sakuracho Dentei)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact NPO Teaching English Methods Institute
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 092-521-8826