Elementary School English: Teaching Through Songs and Games
Date: Sunday, May 11th, 2003 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Richard Graham, Genki English
The presentation will discuss the Monbukagakusho guidelines for English at the elementary school level and how to implement those guidelines in a fun, motivating way. Education consultant Richard Graham will cover a range of topics including thinking like a kid, making use of games, how to use songs, class control, and motivation techniques. Everyone will be able to try the activities for themselves in this workshop. Following the hands-on demonstration, Graham will be available to answer questions.
Organization: Nagasaki Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nagasaki JALT)
Cost: free this month (sponsored by Genki English)
Venue: Kotsu Sangyou Center, Nagasaki Bus Terminal Building, 4F, Volunteer Support Centre, 4F (#1 or #3 streetcars to Nagasakiekimae stop; across from AmuPLaza)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagasaki JALT
Email QR Code: