Redefining Classroom Assessment Alternatives to Testing
Date: Sunday, July 11th, 2004 Time: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Speaker: Gregory O'Dowd, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine
The presenter will lead a hands-on workshop on alternatives to traditional testing practices. He will give an overview of traditional assessment methods and question whether these actually measure student learning and achievement. A variety of ideas for alternative assessment practices will be discussed and there will be plenty of opportunity for participants to share their own experiences and opinions. The ideas presented here should be useful to teachers in all teaching situations.
Location Details: The ZAZA City building is the one with the video screen on the outside. If you are arriving before 10:00 please note that most of the doors into this building are locked. We can access the elevators from the doors on the north-west corner.
Organization: Hamamatsu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Hamamatsu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen (1st visit is free)
Venue: ZAZA City Palette, 5th floor
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Hamamatsu JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 053-460-7956
Mobile phone: 090-9891-4844