Learning to Read; Reading to Learn (Iidabashi, Tokyo)
Date: Sunday, July 11th, 2004 Time: 10:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Speaker: Ali Taylor, David Thompson and Alastair Lamond (Longman); Fumihiko Dosaka (Shukutoku Yano Senior High School)
Four experienced presenters provide an all-you-need-to-know guide on using Readers.
- Once Upon a Time...The Magic of Shared Reading. Come and share the secrets for successful Shared Reading.
- Learning to Read; Reading to Learn: Graded Readers in the Young Learners Classroom. The more we read, the more we learn. Therefore, the younger we start reading, the better! Graded Readers are a great tool for motivating language learning, and this lively presentation looks at a range of techniques for exploiting their potential in the classroom. Get your students on the road to reading and vocabulary building!
- Your Guide to the Extensive Reading Maze. A fun-filled introduction to the wonderful world of Extensive Reading. Learn the who, what, where and why of Extensive Reading and how to get started today.
- Using Graded Readers in High School Reading Programmes. A helpful presentation on setting up a reading programme in your High School.
Organization: Pearson Japan
Venue: The British Council Tokyo, 1-2, Kagurazaka, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Pearson Japan
Email QR Code: