Self-Evaluation as a Tool for Learner Development
Date: Sunday, July 11th, 2004 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Mary Christianson and Heidi Evans Nachi
Whether your classroom style is more teacher-fronted or more learner-centered, you can easily make room in your lessons for students to engage in critical self-reflection. Whether your students are highly motivated or less invested in their learning, self-evaluation can be a tool for promoting critical thinking and learner autonomy, or simply a way to effectively communicate your expectations in the classroom. In this workshop, the presenters will discuss the benefits and limitations of reflective self-evaluation and demonstrate several practical techniques for using self-evaluation in a variety of language classroom contexts.
Organization: Saitama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Saitama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Shogai Gakushu Sogo Center (near Omiya Station, west exit, see map).
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Saitama JALT
Email QR Code: