ETJ-Okayama First Meeting
Date: Sunday, July 11th, 2004 Time: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Speaker: Adam Turnbull and Ted Ekerling
ETJ-Okayama will hold its first meeting on July 11, 2004 (Sunday) from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm (noon) at the Sankaku Building In Okayama City on the second floor. Sankaku is located in the ARC Square building in Omotecho san cho-me. There is a 500 yen fee to help cover room rental costs.
To get there from Okayama station, take the Seikibashi tranline line to the Shin-Saidaiji-cho-suji stop (tram/streetcar fare is 140 yen). Walk down the covered arcade about one minute. The building is on the right.
Adam Turnbull will give a presentation on applying Montessori educational techniques to English teaching, and Ted Ekerling will address conflicts between English phonics and Japanese romanji.
Afterwards, there will be an open discussion with all participants about future events, plans, ways we can support and help each other.
Organization: ETJ Okayama (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ Okayama)
Cost: 500 yen
Venue: 2nd floor, Okayama Sankaku building near Omotecho in Okayama city
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ Okayama
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 086-428-5395