ETJ Niigata July Meeting
Date: Sunday, July 25th, 2004 Time: 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Elena Potapova, Tina Koyama
ETJ-Niigata is the local chapter of ETJ, the group for teachers of young learners (children up through junior high school). All teachers of English, members and non-members, are welcome to attend. The first speaker today is Elena Potapova, a teacher at several Niigata public schools. Her topic is The Do's and Dont's of Teaching in Elementary Schools. She will address issues such as lesson planning, classroom management, and communication with HRTs (homeroom teachers). She will also touch on the present state of English Language Education. A discussion will follow. The second presenter is Tina Koyama, and her topic is Tools for Teachers: Making Quality Flashcards and other Materials. Find out why a humble pack of crayons will often give you better results than your inkjet printer. Learn how to create great-looking homemade flashcards, games, crafts and worksheets no matter what your drawing skill level! A trained artist and graphic designer, Tina will compare various image-making tools (printers, scanners, markers, crayons, clipart, etc.) available to the EFL teacher, and explain how you can use them to make long-lasting, high-quality homemade materials for your classes. A discussion will follow with some drawing materials on hand for you to try out.
There will be a general meeting following the presentations. Please bring your ideas for future meetings, such as topics you are interested in discussing or would like to know more about. We will also set the date for the our Fall meeting.
- Potluck - Bring your best game ideas to share with the group!
- Resource Table - Free copies of the Japanzine magazine will be available for you to take home. Also, everyone is invited to place items for free or trade on the Resource Table. These could be copies of original materials you wish to share, Zines or newsletters, books, magazines or EFL materials for giveaway.
Organization: ETJ Niigata (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ Niigata)
Cost: 500 Yen, including light refreshment (drinks)
Venue: Bandai Shimin Kaikan, Niigata City
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ Niigata
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: