Benefits of computer-mediated communication (CMC) through negotiated learning tasks using Text-chat and Voice
Date: Saturday, February 18th, 2012 Time: 9:30 AM - 12:00 PM
Speaker: Anthony Young, Sian Edwards
Advancements in technology have fueled a growing interest in utilizing computer networks for second language acquisition purposes. This presentation will describe the findings of a comparative research project carried out over a three month period by looking at the benefits of computer-mediated communication (CMC) through negotiated learning tasks using Text-chat and Voice. Using various task-based learning activities, the direct and indirect benefits of SCMC were explored by analyzing the number of incidences of language related episodes (LREs), "instance[s] of collaborative dialogue" (Swain, 2001), and student feedback.
Organization: Toyohashi Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Toyohashi JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Aichi University's Toyohashi campus, building five, room 543
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Toyohashi JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 0532-88-2658
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 0532-46-6299