2015 ETJ Kyushu ELT Expo
Date: Sunday, November 29th, 2015 Time: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Speaker: Various Speakers; call for presentations due November 10, 2015
The Kyushu English Language Teaching Expo is the premiere event of the year for all teachers of English in the Kyushu region. It's an important time for the teaching community to come together, exchange ideas, and grow professionally. There will be presentations on English teaching at all levels and situations by authors, trainers, and teachers, as well as displays for teaching materials.
- Presentations and workshops from major publishers: Learn more about the textbooks and materials you are already using in your classrooms. Find out what's new and exciting in ELT and how to make your classes even better today and courses more engaging in the future.
- Presentations by local teachers: Come hear from teachers with innovative techniques and successful stories to share. Share and discover new and exciting ways to become more effective in the classroom. Network with others from your area with similar teaching situations.
- Wide range of ELT materials and services for sale at a discount: Lots of the regular favorites will be available at great prices. Shop around and discover new materials all available under one roof. Speak with representatives trained to answer all of your coursework questions.
- Roundtable discussions: School owners' forum: Talk management and business with local owners, managers, head teachers, and private teachers.
- Elementary school ALT and HRT roundtable: A chance to gather, share stories, and discuss challenges.
- Jobs Board: There will be a jobs board for currently open positions.
- Japanese language presentations: 日本語のプレゼンもあります。
- Network with other teaching professionals: Make new connections and find out what's happening in the teaching community.
- On-site Café: Enjoy specially catered food and drinks as well as snacks on location in the display hall. There's plenty of space to sit, relax, meet old friends and make new ones.
- All are welcome to attend!
Presentation Proposals Due November 10, 2015
Would you or anyone you know like to present at the Expo? We're looking for local presenters at this time. It's a great chance to develop your own teaching skills as well as to share your ideas with other teachers and contribute to the teaching community. Topic areas and target audiences can range through all aspects of teaching English at all ages and in all situations. Topics related to the business of teaching English or operating a school are also welcome. Please note that we are aiming at having at least one Japanese-language presentation per time slot, particularly directed at teaching elementary school students. 日本語によるプレゼンテーションをしてくださる方を探しています。 英語教育全般、特に小学校における英語教育・教授法に関する内容について大歓迎です。 ご興味のある方はお気軽にご連絡ください。Presentations slots are 45 minutes long. You can end early but please do not exceed 45 minutes. Please e-mail Tristan Scholze at tristan (at) rainbow-bridges (dot) com if you are interested in presenting as soon as you can.
Please send the following presentation information to the above contact by November 10.
- Name(s) of presenter(s)
- Institutional affiliation (school or company)
- E-mail address (will not be made public)
- Title of Presentation
- Presentation description (max 50 words)
- Biographical data (max 30 words)
- Topic area (e.g. reading)
- Type of teachers for whom the presentation is relevant (e.g. university teachers)
- The language the presentation will be given in (e.g. English, Japanese)
- Any special equipment requests (overhead projectors, digital projectors, and other equipment available)
Note: Local presentations should be without any commercial interest. Presentations with a commercial interest by corporations or individuals fall under a separate category and may only be accepted for a fee (please inquire by e-mail).
Organization: ETJ Fukuoka (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ Fukuoka)
Cost: ETJ Members: 500 yen (membership is free at the door)
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Seinan Gakuin University, Building 2 Nishijin, Fukuoka City (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ Fukuoka
Email QR Code: