Performance in Education SIG of JALT:
The 3rd Performance in Education: Research and Practice Conference/Student Showcase/Film Festival
Date: Friday, September 17th, 2021 Time: 10:00 AM - 9:30 PM
Speaker: Dawn Kobayashi, Cyrus Nozomu Sethna
Interested in learning more about Performance in Education? This conference explores the practice of and research into Performance in Education (PIE). The purpose of the conference is to widen the research base for supporting the use of performance in all aspects of education (teaching, consolidating teaching, and testing/evaluation) across the curriculum (medicine, law, history, etc.) and is not limited to English language education. The conference includes practical presentations and workshops as well as research presentations and workshops on how to conduct research.
Wait.... There's even more? We truly believe in the power of Performance in Education. Therefore, we also want STUDENTS to participate in our conference through our Student Showcase and Film Festival! Students can join the conference by giving their own live presentations or performances, or by submit photos, videos, or samples of their work. They may submit any films or movies they've created to our Film Festival and Film Contest! We encourage your students to share their productions and showcase their skills!
Call for Papers and Student Submissions/Films: until July 31, 2021!
Note: This event is planning to be held as a face-to-face conference with online components, but it may become a fully online conference depending on the COVID-19 situation as the date approaches.
Organization: Performance in Education Special Interest Group (formerly known as the Speech, Drama and Debate SIG), Japan Association for Language Teaching (Performance in Education SIG of JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: JALT Members: Presenters: 2,000 yen; Participant: 1,000 yen, PIE SIG Member: free
Non-members: Non-members: 3,000 yen, Full-time students: Free
Venue: Nanzan University/Online
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Performance in Education SIG of JALT
Email QR Code: