Cooperative Structures and Language Learning
Date: Monday, September 15th, 2003 Time: 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Spencer Kagan
Cooperative learning is a natural catalyst for language learning. Cooperative learning structures can be incorporated easily as part of any lesson, with a powerful mpact on comprehensible input and frequency of language output opportunities. Perhaps most importantly, the cooperative structures reduce the affective filter and provide a positive, natural context for language learning. Come learn a range of simple cooperative learning structures that can be included in any lesson to promote language learning, including Draw-A-Gambit, Three Pair Share and Same Different.
This event is co-sponsored by Nagoya, Gifu, and Toyohashi JALT chapters, Teacher Education, Gender Awareness in Language Education (GALE) and Teaching Children SIGs, JAPANetwork, and Trident Preschool. It is part of the Dr. Spencer Kagan's Japan tour.
Organization: Nagoya Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nagoya JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Aichi Chusho Kigyo Center
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagoya JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 052-781-4679
Email QR Code:
Mobile phone: 090-4265-0526