CALL SIG of JALT:
Video for the Web in the Japanese Classroom
Date: Friday, June 4th, 2004 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Nicolas Gromik (Tohoku University) and Brian Teaman (Osaka Jogakuin College)
(Please note that this event is free only if you have pre-registered by May 5 for the JALT CALL 9th Annual Conference on June 5th and 6th. Otherwise the cost is 2,000 yen (discounts are available for JALT, LET and JACET members).
In this workshop, Nicolas Gromik and Brian Teaman share their extensive experience with web-based video. Gromik's strengths are in Windows and Movie Maker for student-created projects, while Teaman offers his experience with the Macintosh and Premiere for web-based learning materials. The core of this workshop will be presented by Gromik, who will demonstrate how to use and teach MS Movie Maker to Japanese students. Participants will learn how to:
- teach Movie Maker;
- edit a film;
- create resources and learn how to use them;
- implement a mini-documentary project
- create a time line to incorporate it in the curriculum.
Organization: Computer-Assisted Language Learning Special Interest Group, Japan Association for Language Teaching (CALL SIG of JALT)
Cost: 2,000 yen
Venue: Building R, Tokiwa University, College of Applied International Studies. Miwa 1-430-1 Mito-shi, Ibaraki-ken (reserve a place: firstname.lastname@example.org)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact CALL SIG of JALT
Email QR Code: