The Non-Native English Speaking Teacher in the Oral Class
Date: Sunday, September 26th, 2004 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Ataua Aoki, Hitoshi Eiguchi, Michiko Masui, Toyoko Schimidt
Some people assume that oral language classes such as English conversation should be taught by NESTs (Native English Speaking Teachers). However, Non-NESTs have strengths that are sometimes overlooked.
- Non-NESTs often better understand the various difficulties that challenge the learners;
- Japanese Non-NESTs have come from the same cultural and educational background as their students;
- Non-NESTs are examples of successful language learners, thus serve as effective role models.
Organization: Sendai Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Sendai JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen (students free the first time, and 500 yen thereafter)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Sendai JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: